Monday, January 10, 2011

One Day Away!

Preparations for the California trip are in motion! I just need to find a way to fit all of these clothes into a suitcase under 50lbs, and find my iPod. The airline companies are ridiculous charging people for their bags! It’s not a hazard to wear 4 t-shirts, 2 sweatshirts, and 3 pairs of paints, but it’s definitely a hazard to the weight of the plane if you put the extra clothes into your checked luggage. *sighs*

Alas, I digress! Clothing is in order, as are the toiletries and such. I’m a bit nervous for Cody and I – we’re planning on bringing our guitars on the plane as a carry-on. If the guitar cases measure below 5ft, they should fit in the overhead compartment, yes? If there are any experienced travelling musicians out there, we’d love some help on this issue!
I’m also a bit concerned about the weather conditions. Our flight leaves around 6:50 and I pray the snow holds out past that point. The last thing we need is a postponed flight and a night in Logan Airport. New England weather’s been pretty rough so far, eh? (I’m only part French Canadian). ;]
I hope to get some footage of the band tomorrow at the airport and on the plane to California – I will post it ASAP. We’re going to be staying up easily past 2 AM EST, so I might have to crawl to my laptop the next morning to upload. Unbeknownst to some, but known to most, I tend to play World of Warcraft until the wee hours of the morning 3 nights a week, so 2 AM isn’t too bad of a bedtime. As for the rest of the band… I can’t wait to catch them snoring on the ride to the hotel. >:)
The band will keep you posted, don’t worry! We also plan to go to Disneyland on Wednesday… are there any other interesting spots to hit up in Anaheim while we’re there? ALSO – if anyone has ANY suggestions for good eats around the Anaheim Convention Center – we will eat just about anything.

For those who haven't seen the winners of the competition along with the Jessica Prouty Band, go to http://www.schooljamusa.com/ to check out the other artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment