Sunday, January 23, 2011

SCHOOL JAM USA FINALS

Well, it’s about time I got to this post! The big day that happened last week! Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of pictures of sound check and such, but I do have quite a few photos of the show and the awards ceremony! Once again, I’d like to thank Schooljam USA and NAMM for this wonderful opportunity, it was truly an experience of a lifetime. If you guys haven't read the previous post, the Jessica Prouty Band got second place in the competition, with Cam winning the best teen percussionist in the USA, and the winner of the best teen vocalist in the US being yours truly. ;)  I’d also like to congratulate PELIGRO for going to Germany! Cody had known one of their guitarists, Chandler, from Berklee College of Music Summer Guitar Programs, and the JPB was able to hang out with them for most of the day on Saturday. They’re really great kids. They’re also very talented!
This was a picture of the view from our Hotel room at the Paradise Pierre that morning. Our room overlooked California Adventure Park in Disneyland. You can see the mountains silhouetted in the background… so pretty!

Before I get to the show, I do want to mention that we were able to go to an educational workshop with all the other bands about the music industry. It was great!

This was Cam and Andy in the green room after sound check. This photo really shows off Cam's facial features.

This is us with the one and only VINCE FERRAGAMO on Saturday night, Andy’s cousin and former super bowl quarterback for the Los Angeles Rams!

These next photos are of the show. I can’t quite get rid of the golden eye effect that’s on a couple of these shots – if anyone knows how to fix them, please let me know! x)
Oh hey look, there's Bridgit Mendler and Adam Hicks - the two Disney Stars that Emcee'd the event!





 Oh yeah, we're coordinated.

I like Cody's face in this one.

Andy!

Cody! Like I said... the red eye I wasn't able to remove. We all look like gremlins, actually...

This was in-between Escape and Falling - we ended up doing a really cool prelude to Falling! I hope I can get some video of it up here!

This is the last decent shot off of our camera! Andy needs to move to Cody's side of the stage more x). Anyone want to invest in a key-tar for him? They had some nice ones at the Roland booth at NAMM!

That's all for now! If I can get more video footage of the show, I will absolutely put it on the blog. If you want more information about the competition and the results, go to the School Jam USA website.

No comments:

Post a Comment